Monday 9 February 2015

Technology gone wild


Got to embrace some new uses of technology today - well new to me.


The first was the mobile checkin for flights ( I had thought that the email boarding pass was a great leap forward, now this is even better). Just click on the link in your ticketing info confirm a few details and the airline sends you a message with a QR code for your boarding pass no queues no waiting just hold your screen over their scanner at the gate.
For me it was even easier on a 2 person ticket it sent each code to different phones I didn't even need to make the a connection.
The next new tech I encountered was wi-fi on the plane. I can still remember when a mobile phone was likely to bring down a plane by interfering with its electronics, now the planes come equipped with public wi-fi.
And yes, the flight crew couldn't get it to make a connection on the way up, and then on the flight back they needed extra hamsters to spin the speed up (I endeavoured to download an ebook from Bolinda's BorrowBox but it just kept whirling), but hey gotta love the concept each passenger in their own electronic cocoon.

I think anything that can ease the steps involved in passage through the airport is a plus plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment